So, here are the contest rules. Please read them thoroughly before taking action.
1. You must read or have read at least one of my books.
2. You must write a review of the book (or books) on Amazon and/or Goodreads. Now this gets tricky, so pay attention--if you paste the review to both sites, you will be entered twice. If you review both books, you will be entered twice. So you could potentially be entered up to four times.
3. If you already reviewed, you're still in luck. You can enter previously posted reviews, no problem. While you're at it, you can write a review of book 2 for better odds J.
4. You must be a subscriber to my blog, at least for the duration of the contest. Subscribe here.
5. You must email me the links to your reviews on amazon or goodreads. I will then enter you for each review you post. Send them to R.A._White(at)hotmail.com.
6. Sadly, I can only send the gift card to entrants in the continental U.S. If you live outside it and have friends here, you could have the gift card sent to them.
7. Please don't write things like 'This is such an amazing book!!!' And 'Best Book Ever!!!' or 'I love this book so much, it should be a movie, R.A. White is a genius, and if you don't love this book you're crazy!!!' and nonsense like that. I mean, it makes me feel good, I'm not gonna lie, but Amazon tends to delete effusive reviews like this and potential readers don't give them much weight. What you should write: Your honest opinion with a few details about what you did AND didn't like about the book you're reviewing. It can be as short as a couple sentences.
8.Give the book as many stars as you think it deserves. Honesty won't change your chances of winning as long as the review makes it clear that you actually read the book you reviewed. Reviews that are too vague, whether positive or negative, are suspect.
9. If you want to enter but are unwilling to risk your .99 to buy Kergulen, email me and I'll gladly send you the kindle file. I just gave away 1,249 copies. I don't mind giving away a few more.
10.People who review both Kergulen and Kings of the Red Shell may be eligible to receive Advance Review Copies (ebook) of the upcoming sequel, Alonca's Quest.
11. The contest will be open until August 31, 2014, and results will be posted September 2, 2014.
If you have questions, please post them in the comments or email me and I'll be happy to clarify as needed. Good luck!