So what I'd like from you all is to add to my list of books. I'm going to post a couple that we have around the house at the moment, but if you can think of any please leave the title for the rest of us in a comment. I'll create a new page under the 'books' heading for anyone who wants to reference them later, and we can continue to add to that list indefinitely.
1. 'I Lost My Dad' by Taro Gomi. Cute story set in modern day Japan.
2. 'Old Mikamba Had a Farm' by Rachel Isadora. African Old MacDonald.
3. 'Same, Same but Different' by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw. Parallels life in USA and India.
4. 'Big Words for Little People' by Jamie Lee Curtis. Features an interracial family.
5. 'It's Okay to Be Different' by Todd Parr. About all kinds of differences.
6. 'Creation, (My Father Loves Me) by J.D Wise. African creation story.
7. 'Don't Play Music Next to the Zoo' by John Lithgow. The child's parents don't 'match'.
Please share if you have any, and remember, they don't have to be non-white, they could be in another country and we could learn something about their culture.