1. Trooper doing his purple minion impression: Gawa agga labalaba EHHH!
Jaelyn: Trooper, stop!
Trooper in utter confusion: Why you tell me stop?
2. Nice Stranger: Is he your son?
Nice Stranger: He looks like you.
Me with stupid look on my face: Ah…
I'll be pondering that one for a while.
3. Trooper: Remember when I peed on the kitchen floor?
Me: Ah… yeah, I guess so. Why?
Trooper, shaking his head: Yeah, that was stupid.
I didn't answer him for a minute. I didn't know what to say! I couldn't say he was wrong, after all, I just talked last week about being honest, and peeing on the kitchen floor isn't exactly genius. But I also couldn't agree with him because he isn't really supposed to use that word in the first place (today he called someone an idiot without knowing what it meant, but that's a different, if related, story) and I wouldn't tell him he's stupid even if he does things I would call foolish. So I eventually just muttered something about it not being a good thing to do and left it at that.
Anyone have advice for future reference?
4. A special thank you to Trooper's friend Zachary. With his diligent assistance Trooper gathered eleven Easter eggs, ten more than he would have found on his own.
5. For the FIRST TIME EVER Trooper really got into something crafty. He dyed FIVE Easter eggs with almost no help and he was so proud of himself. He showed me his beautiful work and I raved about it, of course. With an embarrassed smile he said, "I'm a genius." I laughed and told him he sure was. But I'm not sure he knows exactly what 'genius' means.